Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thoughts

Reaching for your hand, I feel the emptiness between our fingertips, I miss your hugs, I miss your bright blue eyes searching mine to be sure I was who I was...
I miss your laughs, the way my kids gravitated to you, looked up to you, looked to you for guidance and unconditional love...
The pain left by your absence cannot be filled by anyone, by anything, no matter what you may have thought. Now you know how very much you were, and continue to be loved.
The love we have for the new lives you left behind is unsurpassed by the love we had planted, nurtured, and grown for you. You can't be replaced, you can't be renamed, you are part of the sky, part of the sea, the earth, part of our hearts and we love you forever.
Connections and thoughts flow through my mind like a vapor, swirling in a neverending pattern of flight, I reach for you...sometimes, I feel you reaching back. Sometimes, I feel more alone than ever.