Tuesday, January 24, 2006

OK that's better

I keep thinking of that dumb commercial where they say, "What a difference today makes!" Because I feel much better today. I am rid of both armcasts now and only need them when I am out and it's icy. Carl and I had a long talk last night and decided we like each other too much to let some drunk 23-year-old ruin our awesome marriage. Well...I'm awesome anyway. And Carl is well-hung, so...

I have 3 sick kids home today...flubug of some kind, icky tummies and headaches , runny noses and coughs. My stomach has been rumbly for 2 days so I suppose I'm next. lol gives me something to do. Sick...

I am making a list of all of the ways this accident has affected our lives. I will be giving a victim impact statement in a week or so at the hearing, and I read that DA letter and so much more has come into play since then. I seem to be having a harder time now than I did weeks ago...maybe it was the morphine. lol Physically, I'm doing so much better, I'm doing more and more all the time...but emotionally I am so beat. I am sick of sitting here all the time...I'm sick of hurting...I think maybe being in pain has brought my spirits down...and I thought sticking to ibuprofen would be best for me, but I always hurt. Have to talk to the doc about that tomorrow.

Carl and I are going to start taking the kids to counseling. This has had such a huge impact on everyone, and most of all I want to be sure the kids and Carl come through this ok. Yet another chapter unfolds in the saga of drunk driver bullshit. LOL