Saturday, January 28, 2006

More good news

I talked to a Mayo person today about worker's comp. It looks like it's all going to be covered. She was wonderful. I am so relieved. What they will do is cover everything and then sue him for the bills. Poor guy...he'll never be anything but poor I'm afraid. My bills are already over 120,000 and I'm not even half done with therapy, and the kids haven't started their counseling yet either. All of this hell because someone drove drunk. Pretty incredible the devastation it causes. You don't really think about it until you're in it...I mean, of course you think "Oh, I won't drink and drive, i would hate if I hurt someone or myself..." but you just don't even realize the full impact it has on someone until it crushes you into the steering wheel and shoves a trach tube down your throat, leaves your body scarred and screaming and your family reeling and lost. It's huge. So huge I can't even describe in words the full impact this has had on my life, on everyone's lives. Amazing. And yet, I still feel so lucky...and I've managed to take so much good from every day, well almost every day...and I know things will get better.